Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Being Healing: In Celebration of Paryushana*

At this very auspicious Eight Days of Forgiveness Celebration* with Jains worldwide focused energetically on purifying, letting go of past mistakes and hurts and appreciating the path of Ahimsa (Reverance for All Life, I'm eager to share with you some of the compassion-inspired writings of a new friend. Paryushana can be translated as - coming close to ones self. Here is the first of a three-part series.


I am happy to introduce guest blogger Warren Grossman whose series of essays about his continual concerns resonated deeply with me (as did his powerful book)-- the title of the complilation Being Healing - magnetically attracted me - and with his permission, I share the title essay here with you.

I met this kindred spirit through my work with Earthing-- a delightful connection made through my enthusiastic sharing the Earthing products with members of my extended family of choice.

I was recently talking by phone with 'sister' Grace Ann (HorseSense at Work) from Los Cruces New Mexico. We were making plans to have a reunion at her folks' in S.Hills. During the conversation, she recognized that a book she bought - and not yet read -- resonated with the experience of grounding that I and her parents had been sharing with her -- Because Grace Ann - was truly listening - and IS my sister - she offered to bring the book to the 'burgh for me -- and so, my friends, keep following us here, for the documenting of the rest of the history-making. I am excitedly anticipating: many many blessings - and more gifts to come from all these connections - celebrating the inner healer more deeply and widely than ever -- so far!!


So enjoy the messages from Warren below -- and do share your comments with us on your experience of healing - being healing. He introduces his essays and philosophy like this:





I am concerned because I live in an irrelevant culture,
a culture lost in fantasies of commerce, fashion, and technology.

Irrelevant means out of touch with life, here and now.
Here on earth.
Now, while we are destroying the earth.




The compilation of essays titled Being Healing is about the embodiment of healing.



Healers might be parents, teachers, managers, neighbors, physicians,
nurses, ancillary medical professionals, or alternative healers
anyone who contributes love to those in need.

A healer's task is to become simpler and more loving.
This will facilitate others in becoming more whole.
That is what healing is,
whether in the form of conventional medicine
or the transfer of energy from one person to another.

He says that these essays are organized around the profound or maybe simple experience of realizing that

I am part of nature
I can love
I can help to improve the lives of others


'Resonate with you? I'm eager to hear your comments.
Being Healing

I was mistaken,

For more than a decade, I had committed myself to being a healer.

I learned how to access natures energy,

to divert it through my heart,

and to choose to love my patients

in the manner that would heal their symptoms.


I was mistaken.

My calling was never to do healing.

My calling was to cultivate the use of my heart,

and then I could be healing.


The phrase be healing is grammatically incorrect.

Our language expresses our culture.

Our culture cannot have words for an idea it lacks.


Improving ourselves, becoming healing, results from

loving more,

being sensitive to nature,

and forgiving when angered or frightened.


Without applying ourselves to these three challenges,

no technique, theory, or good intentions will evoke healing.

When we actively commit

to loving, forgiving, and honoring nature

we improve.

Then, the object of our attention will experience healing,

for we have become a healthier social environment for that person,

at least for the moment.


Illness, pain, fear, and sadness are signs of

not orienting oneself to nature and love.


Anger and fear can easily occur,

but can be quickly soothed

by loving.

Be healing.

Others will be restored in your presence.



Many Species - One Planet - One Future
I See You ~ Namaste ~
Yours in Wellness, Gratitude, Vitality and the Rhythm of Nature,
Suzen Sharda Segall
This blog post can be reproduced in its entirety with the following information:© Suzen Sharda Segall 2010, CelebratingtheInnerHealer.com http://www.wellnesstraining.com/ http://www.celebratingtheinnerhealer.blogspot.com/ Suzen Sharda Segall, Wellness Personal Trainer/Consultant, designer and facilitator of BodyArts Therapeutics, has provided an integrated approach to health and wellness for a wide variety of populations, internationally,for over thirty-five years



No comments:

Post a Comment